Do I need travel insurance even if I’m travelling domestically? - Horse Riding Holidays and Safaris

Do I need travel insurance even if I’m travelling domestically?

The short answer – yes. Travel insurance is compulsory on all Globetrotting rides and is a condition of booking with Globetrotting, regardless of whether you’re travelling within your home country or abroad. When selecting a travel insurance policy, we require that at a minimum you are covered for horse riding as an activity, and medical expenses, including emergency repatriation.

When looking for a travel insurance policy, make sure it covers COVID-related changes and cancellations, personal liability, loss of luggage and personal effects, and most importantly cancellation insurance. This will cover cancellation penalties in certain circumstances if you have to cancel your trip unexpectedly due to illness, injury or unforeseen circumstances. Unfortunately, cancellation insurance will not cover you if you change your mind (unless you take the ‘cancel for any reason’ insurance – which we recommend.)

Your insurance policy, including the specific name of your insurance company, policy number and emergency insurance contact number, MUST be provided before you start your ride. You can upload your travel insurance details in your member portal.

For more information on the long and short of travel insurance, read this article.

Our personal independent travel agents can provide no-obligation travel insurance quotes that specifically cover horse riding.

When completing your booking form, please indicate if you would like to receive a quote for competitive travel insurance that specifically includes horse riding as an activity.

Facebook Comments