Hey hey globetrotters,
Those of you who have travelled or considered travelling since coronavirus hit will know that getting travel insurance that covers anything related to the virus has been all but impossible. Well one of the insurance companies we recommend for horse riding holidays, Cover-More, has just released some VERY exciting updates to their policy.
Policies issued after December 9th, 2020 will include benefits for some COVID-19 related events! Here’s a direct excerpt from their website:
If you’re an international or domestic travel insurance policyholder, we can provide cover for additional expenses incurred if:
- you are diagnosed with COVID-19 during your trip and you are directed by a local public health authority into a period of quarantine or isolation^
- you pass away on your trip and the cause of death is COVID-19^
^The two points above are subject to there being no “Do not travel” advice from smartraveller at the time you enter the country or part of the country. There is no cover if any part of your trip included travel on a multi-night cruise.
- your non-travelling relative or business partner residing in Australia or New Zealand is diagnosed with COVID-19 by a qualified medical practitioner and the treating doctor confirms the level of infection is life-threatening and you need to return home
- you can no longer stay with the person you planned to stay with in Australia or New Zealand because they are diagnosed with COVID-19 and directed to enter a period of quarantine
- your pre-paid accommodation in Australia or New Zealand is shutdown or closes as a result of a COVID-19 outbreak on its premises and hygiene measures are required
This is fantastic news for all prospective travellers and reconfirms how happy we are to recommend this company to our globetrotters. Be sure to check out Cover-More’s FAQs document here and the benefits destination guide (i.e. which terms apply where) here before locking in your insurance policy.
Have you found any other insurance companies with generous COVID-19 policies? Let us know in the comments!
P.S. If you want more info about travel insurance for your ride, check out Our Guide to Travel Insurance for Horse Riding Holidays.